Saturday, March 14, 2009

"Pretty sure" is the answer

  

Now what was the question?



Before I tell you, please take a look at some photos taken a few Sundays ago.


Phillip and James praying for a new brother and sister in Christ


Gathering at the river



First the brother...



...now the sister are buried in baptism



A final prayer of thanksgiving and blessing
(Not given by me; I was just privileged to be standing near the sister.)
(But I did get to hug her right after the prayer!)


Yesterday I was trading e-mails with a friend back home.  I happened to mention that I was feeling kind of homesick.  Her loving, subtle, understated, and entirely valid response was exactly as follows: "So, if you are homesick, why are you staying another year???? Are you sure that you are up for it???"



With God's help, yeah, pretty sure.



No comments: