Saturday, October 18, 2008

NUMB3RS TO FACES


I just read the Harvest Weekend brochure online.  I cried for joy -- naturally! -- as I realized anew what an incredible vision God has given us and how He is inviting us to join him in his work worldwide. I was humbled to see my name there.  I don't deserve to be named alongside such heroes of the faith as the Crowsons and Charles of Rwanda and Sara Holland and, of course, Phillip Shero and Dennis Okoth, whom I am so blessed to work with.  

And yet, my name on that little piece of paper sends a clear message to everyone:  

God wants to use you.  

God wants to grant the deep desire of your heart to live a life that matters.  For years, God granted that desire in my life by allowing me to faithfully take my children to church. For years he quietly granted that desire by allowing me to work at a steady job and give financially.  Right now, He is amazingly granting that desire by allowing me to serve Him here in Uganda.  Who knows how He is going to grant that desire in the future?

It doesn't matter who you are, what your education level is, what YOU think your skills are.  God knows you.  God loves you.  God wants you to have the joy of participating in His work.  And what greater work is there than that which the Creator of the Universe is doing?

3 comments:

LST team to Morelia, MX 2010 said...

Hi MB!

Loved your latest posting!! Very encouraging. I sent to Valri to add to our missions packet for next week.

Yes, the brochure this year is great! The Hot Dog dinner is tomorrow night and so it begins....

There is a reception to welcome Sara home tomorrow. She was brought before all the church last weekend to honor her in the 6 years she served in mexico. She is missing Mexico, for sure!

We love you, sweet sister and are very honored to call you 'friend'.

in Christ,
Marilyn

Frances Clements said...

Mary Beth,
I plan to link to this from my blog. Great post.

Anonymous said...

MB, I always admire how you find the blessing for yourself and others in everything. Thank you for your encouraging words.

Blessings,
Kelly